Beach Lacrosse Club
In order to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and keep our players and spectators safe during practices and gameplay, all Beach Lacrosse members and families are expected to follow the following protocols (in compliance with the Worcester County Recreation and Parks Department) during the 2021 season.
General Health & Wellness:
- If a participant or anyone in his or her household is sick or not feeling well, please stay at home.
- Participants will be required to check-in each day and answer screening questions before being allowed to participate.
- Teams will need to leave the premises within 15 minutes after the conclusion of their game.
- Teams will not participate in high fives, handshakes or huddles.
- COVID waivers will be required to be signed by all parents/participants.
- Face coverings are required for spectators if they are unable to consistently maintain at least six feet of distance from individuals who are not members of their household.
- Participants over the age of five years old are required to wear a face-covering when checking in and reporting to their field/coach. They are not required to wear their masks during gameplay and when engaging in physical activity (unless otherwise designated by ESYLA).
- Face coverings are recommended in all areas of the complex when a person/player is unable to maintain six feet of distance from individuals who are not members of their household.
- Participants should use their own equipment wherever possible and should not share with other participants.
- Any borrowed equipment will be sanitized after each use. Staff and coaches will be properly trained on sanitization procedures.
- All spectators must be immediate family members and sit in the designated spectator areas.
- Bleachers are off-limits. Spectators should bring their own chairs and/or blankets.
- Spectators must practice social distancing at all times and remain 6 feet from anyone who are not members of their household.
- Parents are asked to supervise their children and be responsible for the social distancing of their children. Participants that are not able to maintain social distancing guidelines will be removed from the program.
- Participants are required to check-in and answer screening questions before participating.
- Participants are asked to maintain social distancing at all times.
- Participants will be made aware of any game modifications prior to play to ensure their best well-being.
- Participants will have a designated team area to allow for social distancing and their equipment.
- Coaches will be required to check-in and screen each player before allowing them to participate. This will involve screening questions and taking attendance.
- During practices, coaches will plan drills that encourage social distancing in a safe and fun environment. These drills will be held in small groups as often as possible.
- Coaches will avoid huddles at all times while speaking with players.
- Coaches will be provided with cleaner to sanitize any shared equipment when necessary.
- Coaches will maintain a safe distance from players at all times.
- Gameplay guidelines will be set by the ESYLA (Eastern Shore Youth Lacrosse Association) and will be altered in several ways to reduce physical contact with each other and the equipment. These protocols can be found on the beachlax.org website.
Enforcement of Policies:
- Beach Lacrosse will post signs in highly visible locations that promote everyday protective measures and describe how to stop the spread of germs.
- Beach Lacrosse will share regular reminders via email and social media on following proper protocols to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Each family must sign the following waiver agreeing to adhere to the Safety Guidelines and Social Distancing policies outlined for this program. Failure to comply could result in suspension from the program.
- Please contact Beach Lacrosse Vice President, Brandon Hemp with any questions or concerns at 443.497.1001 or email
THESE POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE CURRENT PROTOCOLS AND GUIDENCE FROM THE CDC, ESYLA OR WORCESTER COUNTY.
Player & Parent/Guardian Safety Waiver:
By signing this document, I agree that I have received, read, and will adhere to and follow the Safety Guidelines and Social Distancing policies outlined for this program. I understand that failure to comply could result in my suspension from the program.
On behalf of my child, I understand and assume the risk of potential COVID-19 exposure in connection with participation in this program. I release the County Commissioners of Worcester County, Maryland and Beach Lacrosse Club from all liability for personal injury arising from COVID-19 exposure in connection with participation in this program.
Participant name (print): ____________________________________________
Parent/Guardian name (print): ____________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: ______________________________________________
Note: Beach Lacrosse Club follows the guidance of the Worcester County Recreation and Parks Department and Eastern Shore Youth Lacrosse League. All guidelines and protocols set forth by these two governing bodies will also be followed and adhered to at all times.